Wednesday, April 14, 2010

GivesMeHope

GMH 1
3 years ago, my great aunt had a stroke.
She’s paralyzed on one side and can no longer speak. Her healthy husband of 63 years moved into the nursing home with her.

When we asked him when he’d move home, he said “And leave this gorgeous girl here? All the other boys would be all over her!”

She then smiled for the first time

GMH 2
Five years ago, I witnessed an overweight girl being harassed.
A group of “popular girls” had pulled down her pants while we were leaving school. The girl grabbed her pants and ran away crying. Our school’s star quarterback chased after her to comfort her.

I just came back from their wedding. GMH

GMH 3
My friend and I were at a fair, and we had just won a cuddly toy each.
We saw a mentally disabled boy and we gave them to him. He said “Thank you.”

His father cried. This boy hadn’t spoken in months.

Children like him GMH.

GMH 4
“I really wish people would stop asking me how I am. They should know by now that the answer is “I’m fine.” And I’m getting really tired of lying all the time.”

GMH 5
30 years ago during the Vietnam war, there was a woman selling her child, who was fathered by an American soldier.
A man just came off tired from work and was struggling to make ends meet, but decided to buy the child and raise him as his own in addition to his 7 children.

My grandfather GMH.


these are among the stories that give me hope; give me the hope to give hopes to others.
tyra.